[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend Playback problems

Brandon Saunders brandon.saunders at ieee.org
Sun Dec 11 18:17:44 EST 2005

Group,

I have been running Myth 0.18.1 for about 2 months now, and all was well up until about 3-4 weeks ago when I started have trouble playing back recordings.  Two things are happening, but I cannot tell
if they are related.

1. After about 4 minutes into a show the fastforward stops working.  It just jumps ahead one second.  The display also changes from "Skip Ahead \n 1:00 of 57:00" to "skip Ahead \n 0:06:15 of 1:25:37"
I don't understand why it doesn't understand the length of the show.

2. Periodically I get a jitter in the video.  These appear to correlated with the following messages in the frontend log.

[mpeg2video @ 0xc24810]warning: first frame is no keyframe
[mpeg2video @ 0xc24810]ac-tex damaged at 33 14
[mpeg2video @ 0xc24810]Warning MVs not available
2005-12-11 17:07:45.172 prebuffering pause
[mpeg2video @ 0xc24810]skiped MB in I frame at 39 13
2005-12-11 17:08:00.322 prebuffering pause
[mpeg2video @ 0xc24810]00 motion_type at 39 20
[mpeg2video @ 0xc24810]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0xc24810]ac-tex damaged at 34 25
[mpeg2video @ 0xc24810]Warning MVs not available
2005-12-11 17:10:15.501 prebuffering pause

It looks to me like I have a buffering problems, but I don't have a clue where to start.  I know the problem is in the front end.  If I  copy the NVU files to my PC and play them as WMV's they play
just fine.

I was monkey-ing around with the commercial skip and writing files to a DVD about the time that this problem started.  Unfortunately I did a poor job of documenting what changes I made and what
effect they had.

I have considered doing a dump of the settings table from a fresh install and compare the differences.

Machine Info:

Shuttle B81
P4 2.8GHz
1Gb Ram
128G SATA HD
Haupaugge PVR-150
Runs both the Frontend and Backend

It runs with very low load

Any thoughts or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Brandon Saunders