[mythtv-users] Moving recordings onto DVD with subtitles

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Sun Dec 11 06:20:05 EST 2005

Hello all,

As I'm deaf, I require to watch TV with subtitles - there's no choice
for me really.  Anyway, I'm using MythTV taken from SVN only so I can
have subtitle support which 0.18.1 doesn't have.  My hard drive is
filling with programs I want to keep, and I want to transfer it to video
DVD but I want to peserve the subtitles - i.e. I can put it in my bog
standard DVD player, start playing and select "English Subtitles" and it
works.  How can I do this if it's any way possible?  If selection is not
possible, is it possible to "paste" subtitles on the screen making "open
captions", and if this isn't possible, what are my options?

Thanks very much for your help in advance!

Cheers - Piers