[mythtv-users] Most flexible / highest quality HD video card FE solution

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Sun Dec 11 04:24:10 EST 2005

On Saturday 10 December 2005 10:59 pm, John P Poet wrote:

> As far as I know, the nVidia 6xxx/7xxx cards do not allow
> Hue/Color/Brightness/Contrast adjustments with the current nVidia xv
> driver.  That is not a problem if your TV will allow you to adjust
> those, but not all will.  If your TV does not allow you to adjust
> those values, you are better off sticking with your 5600.

Staying with an AGP board would mean some serious reconsiderations
to my plans.

> My TV has a VGA port which accepts up to 1080p, but with that input
> the TV will not let me make "color" adjustments -- only white and
> black level.  I use an nVideo 5700LE, and the picture quality is
> excellent.

Sounds like a very nice tv, (Sammy 1080p??)  I looked at them
long and hard, but decided to wait just  little longer for a few
more features / lower price on 1080p tv sets and went with
a much cheaper upgrade to another crt set (for now).