[mythtv-users] Firewire ( 1394) Capture with multiple FW Cards

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 23:45:27 EST 2005

On Saturday 10 December 2005 01:29, Mike Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get my SA3250HD cable box to work with
> the Firewire capture.
> Cable company is Time Warner in Cincinnati.  After a
> lot of phone calls,
> and email, they finally give me an SA3250HD with
> active 1394 ports.  I
> can connect it to the 1394 ports on my TV and watch
> HDTV from it.
>
> I struggled for weeks to try getting this to work with
> the onboard
> 1394 ports on my ASUS motherboard.  Built the 2.6.12
> kernel needed
> for latest drivers from linux1394.org.  No luck.  I
> try following
> Jarod's guide for setting it up on Fedora ( I'm using
> Mandrivia 2006 ).
> I finally noticed Jarods comment that he could not get
> the FW ports on
> his ASUS motherboard to work,  so I purchased a Belkin
> 1394 board that
> was recommended on the linux1394.org site.
>
> I have it in.  The card is recognized.  But,  I can't
> figure out
> what is meant by port and node in a two board context.
>  Here
> is the output of plugreport:
>
> [root at lbk ~]# plugreport
> Host Adapter 0
> ==============
>
> Node 0 GUID 0x00e0180000899531
> ------------------------------
> libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
> libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR
>
> Host Adapter 1
> ==============
>
> Node 0 GUID 0x000f2142f10c0000
> ------------------------------
> oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
> oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0,
> n_p2p_connections=0
>         channel=0, data_rate=0, overhead_id=0,
> payload=146
> iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2
>
> Node 1 GUID 0x00d0035600b17934
> ------------------------------
> libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
> libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR
>

> What should I use a node and port in the mythtv-setup
> for the firewire
> capture device?
>
> An interesting side note:  I disabled the onboard
> firewire in the BIOS
> setup,  but the gigabit ethernet stopped working.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Mike

whats the firewire chipset for your onboard firewire?

#!/bin/bash
plugctl -n 2 opcr[0].channel=63
plugctl -n 2 opcr[0].n_p2p_connections=1
plugctl -n 2 opcr[0].bcast_connection=1
plugctl -n 2 opcr[0].data_rate=3

node # doesn't matter. but make the -n # whatever node your box is on. You
also won't get anything if 5C Digital Rights Management is enabled for the
channels.

--
Steve