[mythtv-users] Fast-forward/rewind does not work after 50 minutes over remote frontend

Andrew Freeman andrewcfreeman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 23:45:22 EST 2005

On 12/10/05, John Andersen <jsamyth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't that about the time the ringbuffer approaches 2gig?
>
> What is your ring buffer size in mythtv-setup?
> What filesystem?

Isn't the ring buffer for live tv?  This is happening with pre-recorded
programs.  The filesystem on the backend is ext3.  I see where you're going
with this and no, I don't see how it could be a file size limitation
problem.

To add more to my original post, the network between the two computers is a
100mbit LAN running on a Netgear hub (it says "switch" but somehow I'm
doubtful).  Network traffic is usually minimal to none and the problem is
completely reproducible.