[mythtv-users] fanless Epia, Mediamvp or network dvd player for frontend?

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 15:44:45 EST 2005

mvp couldn't play dvd sound though as there is no dolby digital
decoder in mvp. It could only play pcm or mp3. So, as long as your
recordings are not in DD2.0/5.1, and NTSC/PAL resolution, mvp is a
perfect frontend.

I had it running for awhile connected to kids tv. But I got tired
transcoding all my HD shows to 720x480 and mp3, so I sold mine on
amazon.com.

I'm streaming HD recordings from the mythbox and using IOData
LinkPlayer2 as media client. IOData LP2 is thin client, fanless,
noiseless and high WAF (wife acceptance factor).