[mythtv-users] Problems with remote

Mr. Myth mythtv at blandford.net
Sat Dec 10 15:23:56 EST 2005

Hello,

I just built a replacement mythfrontend.

I copied my lircrc from the old to the new as well as my .lircrc.

If I run irw, every key press ( and release ) is registered and things
seem to work well.

If I start mythfrontend I can navigate the menus without problem.
However, if I click on watch tv then the remote becomes almost
completely unresponsive.  I can't pause or ff.  If I keep playing with
the esc button ( mapped on remote ) I can eventually get it to stop
playing.  Once I get back to the menu, the remote seems responsive again.

When xine is called from myth, the remote doesn't seem to work at all
either.  However, outside of myth it works.

Does any one have any idea what might cause this?

Details on the box:
athlon 3200
X-10 lola remote
ASUS A8N-VM CSM motherboard