[mythtv-users] Need to prioritise cards/inputs for live tv

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 07:00:52 EST 2005

On 12/4/05, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:
> W.Kenworthy wrote:
> > I am not at the machine to try this: is it possible to just renumber the
> > cards within the database?  e.g, the cardid field in a number of tables.
> > What else?
>
> Yes, in the capturecard and cardinput tables only. However
> it may be just as easy and less error prone to truncate these
> tables then reenter the cards and inputs with mythtv-setup.
> In either case, make a DB backup first.

Are you sure this works?  My two backends seem
to prefer the card that appears second in the list of cards.

In the CaptureCard Table
Card 1 is in master
Card 2 is in slave

Similarly, in the CardInput table
The first Cardinput points to capturecard 1
The second Cardinput points to Capturecard 2

And the first card selected for live tv is capturecare 2 in the slave.

I'd like to reverse that some how....