[mythtv-users] Re: Strange MythBackend troubles

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sat Dec 10 00:46:36 EST 2005

    Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:39:47 -0500
    From: Sasha Z <kleptophobiac at gmail.com>

    Are you sure you guys aren't experiencing the same problems as I am in
    this thread?

Well, I don't think -I- am.  The only time I've noticed that the
SBE/FE can't talk to the MBE is after I've rebooted the MBE, and that
situation clears up for the FE as soon as I've acknowledged the popup
that there's a problem.  (That popup can come at irritating times,
though---like -after- I've already entered all the information for a
manual schedule, whereupon it drops all that info on the floor as soon
as I've cleared the condition and leaves me with the default page again.)

OTOH, the SBE's tuner is permanently unavailable until I reboot the SBE.

So this doesn't seem to be the same "randomly goes away" problem that
you're reporting.