[mythtv-users] Is it possible to have two channels appear on one channel??

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Fri Dec 9 01:25:30 EST 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:48 pm, Stephen Dolan wrote:
> On 12/8/05, Niels Dybdahl <Niels at dybdahl.dk> wrote:
> >  I think you could implement it in two different ways:
> >
> >  1. Create a script which takes the output from your xmltv grabber and
> > joins the two channels to one.
> >
> >  2. Place them as separate channels, but with the same frequency and
> > write a script which deletes all programme entries for the time frames
> > where the channel is not being broadcastet. This could probably be
> > written as a general script, which takes three parameters: Channel id,
> > start time and end time. Then run the script on each channel immediately
> > after
> > mythfilldatabase.
> >
> >  Niels Dybdahl
>
> Hmmm, option 2 sounds interesting (mainly because I'm not sure how I'd
> do option 1!) So with this option, if I understand you, I'd still see
> two channels on my schedule, but one would have no data prior to the
> changeover time, and the other would have no data after it.
>
> It would certainly be better than what I have at the moment anyhow.

Option 1 may not be that hard.

My Debian stable has a package 'xmltv-util' which include 'tv_cat' for joining
two xmltv files, 'tv_grep' for filtering programs and channels from xmltv
files, 'tv_sort' for sorting, fixing stop times and sanity checks, 'tv_split'
for separate files by date and channel, 'tv_to_text' for coverting to text.

Paul