[mythtv-users] mythbackend can't find channel is database

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 22:16:12 EST 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:53:42 -0800
Mitko Haralanov <voidtrance at comcast.net> wrote:

> 	After playing with the channel setup and number, I finally have
> all the channels that I can receive over the air with their correct
> channel number in the database and Zap2It with the correct listings.
> 	However, now I am having a problem getting mythbackend to find
> the channels in the database so it can get the channel options. I get
> the following messages in the log:
> 2005-12-07 23:41:31.131 DVB#0 Using DVB card 0, with frontend pcHDTV HD3000 HDTV.
> 2005-12-07 23:41:31.134 DVB#0 ERROR - Unable to find channel in database.
> 2005-12-07 23:41:31.135 DVB#0 ERROR - Failed to get channel options for channel .
> 2005-12-07 23:41:31.138 DVB#0 Recorder: Card opened successfully (using PS mode).
> 2005-12-07 23:41:31.149 DVB#0 ERROR - No PIDS set, please correct your channel setup.
> 	I know that the No PIDs message means that the staring channel
> is invalid. I tried setting the starting channel to 2_1 (that channel is
> in the database with that channel number) but I get the same message
> and when I look in the database, the startchan field of the HD3000 in
> the cardinput table is empty!!
> 	Is the problem that mythbackend does not know how to accept
> channels of the form 2_1? If that is the problem, how should the
> channels be represented?

	Well, I still have not been able to find a solution to this!
Unfortunately, it renders LiveTV unusable since the HD3000 seems to be
the default tuner that mythbackend wants to use and, therefore, I can
never get into LiveTV to change the inputs to one of the PVR-250s.

	I would appreciate any help on this!!

	One thing that I noticed is that the channel table in the
database does not have anything in the mplexid, serviceid, and
atscsrcid columns for the HD3000 channels. Is that how it should be?

Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net
Using TSO is like kicking a dead whale down the beach.
		-- S.C. Johnson