[mythtv-users] Internal DVD player

Steve Pugh stevepugh at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 19:09:03 EST 2005

Dave Oxley <dave at daveoxley.co.uk> wrote:  I've just seen issue #511, but I hadn't realised that Myth had its only
DVD player. I currently use xine, but would like to try Myth's out. So a
couple of questions:
1. How to I enable it?
2. What will I lose switching from Xine? i.e. Does it play menus?
  Hi Dave,

  You can enable Xine as your DVD player of choice from within Myth -  within Setup, navigate your way to Optical Disc setup (forgive my  inaccuracy, I'm writing from work) and look for the DVD player command  textbox.  From Jarod's Guide, here is a command string that might  work for ya:

  xine -pfhq --no-splash dvd://

  I had to play around with it a bit to get it to work on my machine, but  I can't recall what I changed.  This should do the trick!

     Steve