[mythtv-users] RE: STAY AWAY FROM WI-FI !!!

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Dec 8 18:30:59 EST 2005

For the record, I have an encrypted 802.11g network consisting of a
Linksys game adaptor on my MythTV box, a D-Link one on a Mac mini,
and 802.11g on my laptop. I can watch streams from both remote front
ends as well as on my MythTV box without much problem. Kick down my
bitrate a bit and it's no issue at all. I had lots of speed issues
before I turned off 802.11b on my wireless router, though.

Also, the Linksys sucked to configure. After support was of no help
("What version of Windows are you running? You don't have a Windows
PC? Sorry, you can't configure it any other way."), I had to borrow a
Windows laptop to configure it. Worked on the PC laptop, would not
work on the Mac mini. Stuck it on the Linux box and it was fine. D-
Link worked right off the bat on any machine.