[mythtv-users] STAY AWAY FROM WI-FI !!! DEVOLO PERFORMANCE IS BAD

Franco mythtv at email.it
Thu Dec 8 15:15:37 EST 2005

Yes, in fact, as I wrote in my previous mail,
even though devolo is advertised for 85 Mbps, I only got 10+ Mbps.

This is enormously faster than I got before,
811.g is advertised for 54 Mbps and I was getting 1 Mbps when I was very lucky.
Typical transfer rate for me was 30 KB/sec (intermittent).
It was not even possible to type commands on a ssh terminal...

So with my actual, stable, 10+ Mbps I'm really happy.
I see your setup is 3-4 times faster than mine...

Franco