[mythtv-users] where's the patch to stop DVB from automatically scanning and adding channels?

Andy Foster fostandy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 14:20:32 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm loathe to ask this because I know the answer is somewhere on this
mailing list, but I can't find it for the life of me.

There was a discussion quite some time ago about the dvb 'feature' that
automatically interrogates the currently tuned-in dvb stream for other
channels and adds them to the database. For a lot (all?) of aussie stations,
they basically duplicate the same channel in varying qualities anywhere
between 2 and 5 times. As I already have the desired channels and am not
particularly interested in being able to select between the same channel
(for simplicity's sake) this sort of functionality isn't really wanted on my
part.

Someone released a 5-10 line patch that disabled this, which worked fine
until I recently upgraded mythtv and forgot to save it. Would some kind soul
be able to direct me to the email or specific patch?

cheers
Andy