[mythtv-users] Re: Re: pvr-150 image looks "soft"

Mike Frisch mfrisch at isurfer.ca
Thu Dec 8 12:45:28 EST 2005

On Thu, December 8, 2005 1:26 am, Paul Andreassen said:
> Have you tried increasing the bitrate?  Go nuts and see if it makes a
> difference.  I use 6400/8000 which is much better than the analog signal
> out
> of a digital satellite set top box.

I am actually running 9000/8000 (or something similar to that; I'm away
from my MythTV box right now)

> Use 720x576 and Stream Type: 'DVD-Special 2' in case you ever what to put
> it
> on a dvd.

Is this configured through the Recording Profile settings?

My primary goal is to archive select recordings onto DVD.

> One other thing I did was turn up the contrast and colour by 5%.  While
> using
> Live TV on the PVR-x50, press 'g' for the recording controls.

I did not notice that these settings exist until you mentioned them.  I
have found that a couple of channels are overblown so it's good to know I
can adjust it.

My picture sharpness remains the same, though...