[mythtv-users] myth2ipod on fedora core 3?

Corey Helferich jaco523 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 10:44:28 EST 2005

--- Fred Squires <fsquires at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/2/05, Corey Helferich <jaco523 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have a sneaking suspicion that santa may be
> bringing
> > an ipod video for christmas this year. ;)
> >
> > i'm currently on fc3, but the documentation for
> > myth2ipod only mentions knoppmyth or fc4.  i tried
> > compiling ffmpeg with the options mentioned in the
> > docs after installing faac and faac-devel, but the
> > make failed.
> >

> > [mythtv]# ./configure --enable-xvid --enable-gpl
> > --enable-faac
> >
> > { finishes successfully }
> >
> > [mythtv]# make
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > mpegvideo.c: In function `MPV_encode_picture':
> > /root/ffmpeg/libavutil/common.h:551: sorry,
> > unimplemented: inlining failed in call to
> 'lrintf':
> > redefined extern inline functions are not
> considered
> > for inlining
> > mpegvideo.c:2409: sorry, unimplemented: called
> from
> > here
> > make[1]: *** [mpegvideo.o] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/root/ffmpeg/libavcodec'
> > make: *** [lib] Error 2
> >

> > Is anyone successfully running myth2ipod on fc3 or
> is
> > an upgrade to fc4 in my future?
> >
> > thanks to all who have made myth what it is.
> >
> > --corey
> >

> I installed myth2ipod on fc3.
> Did you install the faac and faac-devel rpms.
> I think I had to install another package through
> apt-get, judging from your
> error message it probably had something to do with
> mpeg.
> I searched google on my error messages, it took me a
> few hours to figure it
> out.
> Too bad I didn't write it down.
>
> --
> I probably still have a few (well, now a whole
> bunch) gmail invites.
> Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.

Success!

I had two issues that I had to overcome, but ffmpeg
finally compiled successfully.

The first thing I needed to do was detailed here:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/23188

I changed line 555 of ffmpeg/libavutil/common.h from

   static always_inline long int lrintf(float x)

   static __inline__ long int lrintf(float x)

`make` made if farther, but errored out complaining
that it couldn't find vxid.h.

so I installed xvidcore and xvidcore-devel from ATrpms
and `make` and `make install` worked.

  # apt-get install xvidcore
  # apt-get install xvidcore-devel

hope this helps someone out.