[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth R5A22: Can't record or watch TV on second tuner

Brad Karal brad.karal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:53:41 EST 2005

Hi friends:

I am using KnoppMyth R5A22 (yeah, I know-should redo with a non-SVN
Until I can do that, I'd like to be able to use the second tuner in the box.

1st tuner: Hauppauge PVR-150 (/dev/video0)
2nd tuner: Hauppauge PVR-150MCE (/dev/video1)

I am trying to watch or record analog cable (tuner0) in each case.
I've checked my mythtv-setup, and I believe it is all correctly set.

I have no trouble viewing or recording from the first tuner.
However, when I press "Y" to switch tuner cards, Myth returns to the main

If I do a "cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg" and then play back the resulting file
with xine,
it works just fine. So I'm guessing the problem is within Myth's

Can anyone suggest anything for this semi Linux newbie?