[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 34, Issue 20

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 8 08:08:53 EST 2005

Larry wrote:

> I too have a nivida Geforce 4 MX 440SE AGP, it is brand new...I have
> had it for sometime, but I did not at the time have an AGP slot, now
> with my new motherboard, it has one...So I installed the video card,
> but according to the directions it says that one must disable the
> onboard card...??
>
> I tried doing that using the setup in CMOS, disabling anything to do
> with the agp, but then after rebooting, the card does not seem to work
> at all, no screen graphics at all...
>
> Now my question is did you disable your onboard card, to get it to
> work...???

If you have a motherboard with built-in AGP video and an AGP slot, you
"disable" the on-board video by plugging an AGP video card into the AGP
slot.  It is impossible to have more than one AGP card on an AGP bus and
it is impossible to have more than one AGP bus, so the board
automatically disables the on-board AGP when you plug in the AGP card.

Mike