[mythtv-users] XBox Media Center Question

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 05:01:36 EST 2005

> I think I have a bigger issue with my XBMC install.  I can't seem to
> play any video mpeg with mplayer.  It locks up.  It's possible that the
> build of XBMC that I got isn't the best.  Anyone have suggestions on a
> place to get the binary downloads?  Email me if you don't want to post
> to the group.
>
> I also have the python scripts installed for Myth.  My cards/myth don't
> create .nuv files, they create .mpg files.  I assume these are mpeg4 or
> am I wrong on this?  Mplayer should be able to play these shouldn't
> they?

I'll bet my right one that your files are MPEG4 recordings. The
mplayer.dll that comes with XBMC won't play them and you need to get a
patched version. Search the archives for mplayer.dll over the last
couple of weeks 'cos I think someone put a link up to where you could
get it. Let me know if you can't find it as I may be able to help.

Regards,
Phill