[mythtv-users] RE: xbox dvd remote on xebian 1.1.4

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Dec 7 17:02:54 EST 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 21:07:44 -0500 (EST), Daniel Walton wrote:

>ahh, now we're getting somewhere.  When I run configure it says "no" for lirc
>support even if I do --enable-lirc.  There must be something that I need to
>install that is missing.  I'll do some digging.

There seems to be an error in configure in recent svn's.
Configure sets/unsets all the variables passed to it (or its defaults)
starting at about line 600.

Down around line 1970 it tests for the lirc library and/or the lirc
header. Between lirc and mythtv I think that the source where
lirc_client.h resides is wrong.

As a result has_lirc_header always returns 'lirc' set to 'no'
I change the test result to force it back to 'yes'.

I notice that the most recent svn 8158 has a line "#include
<lirc/lirc_client.h>" in the configure script at that point, but I don't
know where it looking. Definitely not at PREFIX/lirc/...that does not
exist...

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638