[mythtv-users] XBox Media Center Question

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 16:28:16 EST 2005

To be honest I have a hard time figuring out exactly what XMBC is doing just
by looking at the user interface.  It asks for the protocol version but it
also wants the video files to be mountable across an SMB connection.  As far
as I can tell, it isn't streaming anything (in the mythtv://... sense) but
I'm not familiar enough with the internals and the protocol to really say
for sure.

I managed to watch recorded shows but never tried live TV (although it did
ask where my ring buffer was stored on an SMB filesystem).

Based on my very limited experience with XMBC, it looks very impressive.  It
would be great if the two communities worked toward some kind of
integration.  With the XBox 360 out and prices on used XBoxs falling, I
would seriously consider an XBox over a MediaMVP.  The MVPs are OK but their
video quality and robustness are a bit of an issue.

--
Mike