[mythtv-users] Problems in load-balancing commflagging

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Dec 6 23:48:35 EST 2005

    Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 23:18:02 -0500 (EST)
    From: "Chris Pinkham" <cpinkham at bc2va.org>

    >     The Max of 5 simultaneous jobs (per backend) was set prior to the
    >     creation of realtime flagging.  With realtime flagging and hardware

    > might be willing to try recompiling from 1.81.1 sources if enough
    > things accumulate that it seems worthwhile.  Which file defines that
    > parameter?)

    mythtv/setup/backendsettings.cpp  Search for JobQueueMaxSimultaneousJobs.
    There are 3 numbers on the line where the HostSpinBox is declared.
    The first is the minimum (needs to stay at >= 1), the second is the max,
    and the third is the step increment.

Thanks!  I'll add this to my queue of things to change if I decide to
recompile 1.18.1.

(I wish SVN wasn't protocol-incompatible with the stable release, and
that SVN had dangerous work done out on a branch instead of on the
mainline; if those two things weren't true, I could afford to at least
see if some of these issues might be fixed there, but with the current
situation, I'd need two dedicate a pair of machines just to SVN if I
also wanted to make sure I had a setup that worked reliably enough to
actually record with while also making sure the new configuration
worked, and I just don't have that much spare hardware... :)