[mythtv-users] RE: xbox dvd remote on xebian 1.1.4

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Dec 6 11:22:26 EST 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 00:38:39 -0500 (EST), Daniel Walton wrote:

>More info here...irw can see the signal coming from the remote
>
>live at xbox:~$ irw
>0000000000559aa6 00 UP XboxDVDRemote
>0000000000559aa6 01 UP XboxDVDRemote
>0000000000558aa7 00 DOWN XboxDVDRemote
>0000000000558aa7 01 DOWN XboxDVDRemote
>0000000000557aa8 00 RIGHT XboxDVDRemote
>0000000000557aa8 01 RIGHT XboxDVDRemote
>0000000000556aa9 00 LEFT XboxDVDRemote
>0000000000531ace 00 1 XboxDVDRemote
>0000000000531ace 01 1 XboxDVDRemote
>0000000000532acd 00 2 XboxDVDRemote
>0000000000533acc 00 3 XboxDVDRemote
>
>I installed my .lircrc file from
>http://bit.blkbk.com/mythtv-xbox.0.4.5-beta.tar.gz

As I understand it, irw reports the ir code and the key mapping from the
lircd.conf file.
The lircrc file has to have the same name for the key mapping.
Check both files to see if the name is reported as "UP" or "UP
XboxDVDRemote" in lircd.conf and whether it is the same in lircrc.
You may want to edit the lircd.conf file to remove the "XboxDVDRemote" if
that exists in every line.
Make sure lircrc uses the same names, exactly.

Then make sure that the proper command is called in myth in the stanza for
the keypress in lircrc.

HTH
Geoff
R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638