[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Nova-T PCI and LIRC

Adrian Kladnig adrian at froghollow.com.au
Tue Dec 6 05:59:17 EST 2005

Graeme Hilton wrote:

>mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk wrote:
>

>>On Sunday 04 December 2005 21:58, Graeme Hilton wrote:
>>I've been happily using Myth (SVN checkouts every month or so) for about
>>

>>>4 months.  My setup at the moment is as follows:
>>>
>>>Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T PCI (two of them)
>>>AMD x86_64 system
>>>Fedora Core 4 - all up to date
>>>MythTV SVN revision 8053
>>>
>>>Has anyone had this happen to them?  Have you managed to solve the
>>>problem and get your Hauppauge remote fully working?
>>>

>>Yep, had me confused for a short while. The IR is recognised automatically,
>>you'll find if you *don't* use lirc it'll still work (well the up/down/ok
>>etc) with mythfrontend.
>>
>>What you need to do is use it with the dev/input driver[1], setup lirc to use
>>driver dev/input and device /dev/input/event<event number> where <event
>>number> is where the events are picked up. eg mine is /dev/input/event2 ,
>>from the sound of it yours would be /dev/input/event
>>FWIW I'm running twin Nova-T's in a 2.8GHz P4 and Opensuse 10.0
>>
>>I've attached my lircd.conf for the Nova-T remote as well.
>>
>>HTH
>>
>>David
>>
>>[1] You may well have to recompile if you didn't include dev/input support
>>ISTR I had to recompile but worth a try with the std rpms' first as that
>>might just have been me trying different things.
>>

>Yay!  It's working!  I recompiled lirc with the --driver=devinput option
>and started lircd with the command line 'lircd --driver=dev/input
>--device=/dev/input/event0' then 'irxevent &'.
>
>I've remapped a few of the buttons in /home/mythtv/.lircrc so they make
>more sense to me and my GF.
>
>Thanks for the hints. :)

I struggled for about a month with this. Eventually, I ended up
modifying budget-ci.c to make the remote work. I found that the Nova-t
doesn't use LIRC at all, the only problem being that I have to recompile
everytime I install a new kernel.

Your method seems so much easier, so I'll have to give it a go!

Cheers,

Adrian.