[mythtv-users] yum difficulties FC4 mythtv i386

Tony O'Rourke sonicwrx at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 01:24:09 EST 2005

I am using Jarod's guide to install a mythtv front end on a second computer.
I already have a working front and backend so I am not entirely new to this
process. But I am stumped at the step in the guide where:

yum install mythtv-suite

is called.

I get the message:

Parsing package install arguments
No Match for argument: mythtv-suite
Nothing to do

I have added the atrpms as a repository. But I don't see the Fedora Core 4
version of mythtv in the repository for i386. I see it for i386_x64 FC4 and
i386 FC3 but not i386 FC4.

Well let me modify that statement. The packages are there in this directory:

http://atrpms.net/dist/fc4/mythtv/

but I don't see how I can get yum to see it.

Here is the part of yum.conf

[atrpms]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/fc$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/stable

but the directory http://dl.atrpms.net/fc4-i386/atrpms/stable does not
exist! There is the directory

http://dl.atrpms.net/fc4-i386/atrpms/testing/

but mythtv is not in that directory.

So can someone shed some much needed light on this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Should I be using a different tool to install a myth?

--
--Tony

The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.-Plutarch