[mythtv-users] Video card suggestions

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Tue Dec 6 00:26:07 EST 2005

Brad Fuller wrote:
> All you need is a small cap for conversion. How can some be crummy?

Well, I'm no EE, so I don't know about that.  I do know that the 3 or 4
of these things that I've played with were unsatisfactory.  (They all
came as thrown-ins with various things like capture cards or other
devices.)   The result on the TV of composite converted from svideo was
*way* below svideo quality (noisy, minor color shift).  I don't mean the
usual "composite is not quite as good as svideo" issues: those are
subtle.  This wasn't.