[mythtv-users] RE: xbox dvd remote on xebian 1.1.4

Daniel Walton dwalton at cisco.com
Tue Dec 6 00:38:39 EST 2005

More info here...irw can see the signal coming from the remote

live at xbox:~$ irw
0000000000559aa6 00 UP XboxDVDRemote
0000000000559aa6 01 UP XboxDVDRemote
0000000000558aa7 00 DOWN XboxDVDRemote
0000000000558aa7 01 DOWN XboxDVDRemote
0000000000557aa8 00 RIGHT XboxDVDRemote
0000000000557aa8 01 RIGHT XboxDVDRemote
0000000000556aa9 00 LEFT XboxDVDRemote
0000000000531ace 00 1 XboxDVDRemote
0000000000531ace 01 1 XboxDVDRemote
0000000000532acd 00 2 XboxDVDRemote
0000000000533acc 00 3 XboxDVDRemote

I installed my .lircrc file from
http://bit.blkbk.com/mythtv-xbox.0.4.5-beta.tar.gz

#cd /tmp
#wget http://bit.blkbk.com/mythtv-xbox.0.4.5-beta.tar.gz
#tar xpzvf mythtv-xbox.0.4.5-beta.tar.gz
#cd /tmp/live
#cp lircrc /home/live/.lircrc
#ln -s /home/live/.lircrc /home/live/.mythtv/lircrc

When I use the remote without the frontend running I can see the mouse moving
up, down, left, right, etc.  It just seems like lirc isn't letting the
mythfrontend know about the signals from the remote.

This has to be something simple to fix that I'm missing.

Daniel