[mythtv-users] Various mythtv-frontend problems

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Mon Dec 5 15:32:14 EST 2005

>Let it be known that I am strictly an RPM-only person.
>  I have no idea on compiling anything.
>
>My questions:
>1) What is causing the Segmentation fault?
>2) Where is the bad Huffman code?  Is it simply a
>corrupt image?
>3) What is causing the QT issue?
>
>Here is the output I am getting:
>
>2005-12-05 23:09:18.743 Registering Internal as a
>media playback plugin.
>2005-12-05 23:09:18.778 Joystick disabled.
>2005-12-05 23:09:18.756 Inserting MythDVD initial
>database information.
>Segmentation fault
>[mythtv at localhost ~]$

I'm pretty similar to you, being a RPM only person.  The way I got
around the SegFault is by removing some of the plugins (which is fine
for me, LiveTV and Recorded Shows are the important for our household
- I'll try again once 0.19 is released)

I'm assuming you followed Jarods' guide like I did, so you could try
the following to get mythfrontend to launch:

yum remove mythdvd

then try launching mythfrontend.  You'll probably get a SegFault with
MythMusic at that point, so remove mythmusic, and repeat.  You'll
probably need to remove MythDVD, MythMusic, MythGallery and MythPhone.

  - Wade