[mythtv-users] Slave times out connecting to master

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Mon Dec 5 00:14:06 EST 2005

I've ran into an anomalous issue reorganizing my home entertainment
system this weekend.  I have a master and a slave backend.
Unfortunately, my slave cannot connect to the master.  I get a string of:

2005-12-04 17:39:48.266 Connecting to master server: :6543
2005-12-04 17:39:49.081 Connection to master server timed out.

in my backend log.  Notice it does not have it IP of my master in the
above.  The master is configured correctly, I can view records on the
slave from the master.  I can even use the tuners on the slave to watch
live tv on the slave.  However, the tuners are listed as not connected
on the master.  I'm using SVN 8101 currently.  I also tried SVN 8045
which I had running previously.  I don't think it is an SVN issue,
rather I'm lost in the forest and now cannot see the trees.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Cecil