[mythtv-users] [OT] Trancoding 'live'

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 19:49:19 EST 2005

On 12/4/05, Chris Ribe <chrisribe at gmail.com> wrote:
> The best bang for the buck upgrade path is probably to just upgrade the CPU
> on your frontend to something that can handle HD decoding.

I completely agree.  I can't seem to find a STB that works with ATSC
that is less than the cost of a AMD64 3200 (which is enough power to
decode a HD stream).  I'd rather fork over the ~200 bucks to build a
high def capable frontend than feed something into something, and then
that something out to something, which may be capable of then
reconverting that something into something (where something is analog
or digital depending on where it's placed ;) ).

Chad