[mythtv-users] XVMC Support for Intel 810

Jeff Clemens teedub303 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 19:01:00 EST 2005

So from what i've read, XVMC was originally developed for the Intel 810
chipset, but I can't seem to find any information on how to get it working
with anything but nVidia video cards.

I'm running FC4 on a fairly underpowered (700Mhz) box.  I actually have 2 of
the same boxes, but one uses a PVR350 and therefore uses the accelerated
output, but my other box uses VGA for display, and I get really choppy video
without XVMC.  If I enable XVMC in the setup screen, I get "Can't initialize
Video" messages when trying to playback a recording.

Any tips/tricks that anyone on here knows about?

Thanks,

Jeff