[mythtv-users] other remote & PVR 350

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Dec 4 13:58:52 EST 2005

Todd Houle wrote:

> I've got a PVR 350 with the remote that came with it which has been
> working well.  However, After a month or two of MythTV, I just
> realized my TV remote has stop/play/FF/rev buttons on it that don't
> do anything.  I figured I could just use 1 remote!  But when I start
> irw in terminal, I see nothing using this other remote.  I guess that
> means the receiver for the PVR 350 and this TV remote (Advent brand,
> btw) are not compatible.  Any thoughts are appreciated!

The Hauppauge I2C receivers (the ones that plug directly into the
capture card--I don't know about the MCE USB ones you can get with the
PVR-150's) only accept RC5 remote commands.  If your remote uses any
other command set, you can't use the Hauppauge receiver.  So, you can
either a) get a new RC5 universal remote or b) build a homebrew serial
receiver and use it with any remote you want.

Mike

Mike