[mythtv-users] Can't change input sources

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Dec 4 04:52:49 EST 2005

> Robin Gilks píše v Ne 04. 12. 2005 v 20:02 +1300:
>> Running SVN 7738 (pre-LiveTV changes) and I find I can't select a
>> different input. I'm stuck on s-video. This svn version should change
>> inputs according to channel settings (7525 did, so did 7629). I've also
>> tried 8095 to no avail.
>>
>> Having reported it on the dev list, only one other person is seeing the
>> same thing and no feedback on how I can help track the problem down. Do
>> that few people really not change inputs or am I just lucky that I can't
>> :-(
>
> I think it's one of the well known bugs in newer MythTV versions:
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/709
>
> Many more people experienced that and reported but it was always set as
> duplicate of this #709 thingy. I would also like to help but it seems
> that the big LiveTV changes must be finished first.

I was hoping that this problem had been introduced by the LiveTV updates
which is why I rolled back to 7738. Guess I'll either have to go back a
long way and hope the database structure hasn't changed too much (and
loose some of the nice features like MythMusic search) or sit and wait for
the fix:-(

Methinks I'll recompile 7629 (which I have and used to be OK) and hope
that the database doesn't screw up!! At least I can record the VCR stuff I
planned!

--
Robin Gilks