[mythtv-users] External TV Tuner Card recommendations for Laptops

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Sun Dec 4 01:09:24 EST 2005

cardboil wrote:
> I'm trying to set up my Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop for mythtv with
> cable.  Does anyone have any recommendations for this kind of setup and
> which kind of external TV Tuner cards that I could use.  Thanks.

You might look into the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2.  It's basically a PVR-250
hanging off a USB port.  There's a Linux driver for it at
http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2.html, and while I've not tried plugging it into my
MythTV box, it looks like it wouldn't be much more trouble than the PVR-x50s
I'm currently using.

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter