[mythtv-users] Re: Multiple directory locations for Music, Videos, Recordings etc.

Jared Warren jawarren at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 12:35:14 EST 2005

> Is there a way to specify multiple disconnected directory locations
> for things like videos, music and recordings.
> Maybe something like
> /videos/family;/videos/michael;/videos/homevideo
> Or
> /music/regular;/music/christmas (without connecting the other 12
> folders in /music)

My solution was to specify the location for each resource as a
directory containing softlinks to the actual locations. So my videos
are in /home/mythtv/videos which contains links to the mounted volumes
and shares containing the actual video files. (This makes it pretty
difficult to interleave the files in the listings, but you probably
have your resources organized between stores anyway.)

Jared