[mythtv-users] Alternative to Mythmusic?

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Sat Dec 3 02:27:39 EST 2005

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 03:53:44PM +1000, ffrr wrote:
> coquet at gmail.com wrote:
>
> >My music collection is very dynamic and often the songs I have don't
> >have ID3 tags.  Because of this I find Mythmusic less than convenient
> >to use and basically I've stopped using it.
>

> >Is there a way to just point Mythmusic at a directory and just get it
> >to browse the filesystem?

This works only partially.  If you don't have one format for your tree
then it gets really confused (if you have say artist/album/title-track.mp3
for some songs, but artist/title.mp3 it gets really confused).  This is
not the worst part.  In tree mode it seems like myth can't figure out
how long a song is, and so it won't seek.  Any attempt to fast forward
or rewind just restarts the song.