[mythtv-users] PVR-150 best quality settings?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:42:04 EST 2005

I got my firewire card and my am finaly able to watch my cablebox through my
PVR-150. So now I want to set the quality settings for the card. If I
understand correctly I'm to go into 'Recording Profiles' choose 'MPEG-2
Encoders (PVR-x50, PVR-500)' and change the settings for the different
profiles.

So I see from the card specs that it can do 720x480 max in NTSC, so I set
that.
From my readings of the list Stream Type should be MPEG2-TS?

What about bitrate? I've got plenty of harddrive so I'd like to set the
highest bitrate values that will get properly used.

Any other help for getting the best recording quality would be appreciated!

--
Steve