[mythtv-users] PVR500: Is it stable and 3.3V

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:31:17 EST 2005

On 12/2/05, Brian Foddy <bfoddy at visi.com> wrote:
> I'm having some pci shortage issues so I'm considering upgrading
> my pvr250's to a pvr500.  First do people consider the driver
> stable (compared to the pvr250) for daily usage?  Can the
> driver be mixed with a pvr250 in the same machine?

i don't know about the voltage, but stability i can comment on.  i've
been using a pvr-500 and a pvr-250 side by side for several months
now.  i don't think any of the problems that i've had were due to
either card or the combination (not that i've had a lot of problems.
and those problems were most likely my fault anyway. ;)
it's a good combo.