[mythtv-users] More HD stuttering

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 13:47:46 EST 2005

I display all my programs on a 1280x720p LCD panel, with my output
resolution set to 1280x720 @ 60fps.    Both 1080i and 720p work just
fine.
In fact, 1080i is working better than 720p for me, because I get some
stuttering when the OSD is up with 720p when using XvMC.  Without
XvMC, playback is completely reliable with both 1080i and 720p, it
just takes more CPU power.

Scaling the video to the display resolution seems to be a pretty easy
job for the system.   I'm not sure what portion of that is done in
software/cpu versus what is done on the video card.  But, It is
certainly much less intense than scaling and recompressing the
MPEG2/MPEG4 video.

My System: Athlon64 3200+ 768MB RAM, NVidia FX5200, Nvidia drivers
7676, Gentoo X86-64, Linux kernel 2.6.14.   MythTV - latest SVN.