[mythtv-users] How big is your database?

Ant Daniel antdaniel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 03:42:54 EST 2005

On 01/12/05, chris at cpr.homelinux.net <chris at cpr.homelinux.net> wrote:

> No doubt most of that is taken up by the "previously recorded" data.
> That could probably be reduced to just the series # and epsiode # if it
> wasn't for the "forget old" feature.  The other thing that a good
> clean-up would do is check the relationships so that there aren't
> orphans in large tables like the markup table.  Another nice thing to do
> would be to have an ability to remove old frontend data from the system.

Once again us poor non-US not considered ;)
In the UK our listing data doesn't appear to give a decent series # /
epsiode #, I know myth's supposed to generate something when not
provided, but I haven't worked out if that works. (I guess with almost
2yrs data I should go and have a look).

However when first reading your post (again we don't tend to use # to
symbolise number), I read it as series hash, epsiode hash. Now that's
a good idea.

Why not hash the episode description rather than store the full length
text, wouldn't that make a significant impact on previously recorded?

Ant.