[mythtv-users] Re: More HD stuttering

Jason Sharpe mythtv.list at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:58:47 EST 2005

I agree, very VERY frustrating.

I have built a couple of standalone front ends and both of them are
stuttering (one worse then the other). SD plays back pretty well, however HD
is a different story. Sometimes I can get decent performance however most of
the time I want to jump out of the window.

Specs:

MSI 915G Mobo
P4 3.0
1 Gig DDR400
Nvidia 6600 GT PCIx

I am also seeing combing, however from the previous comment I agree that it
is probly showing 1080i content on in 720p. My guess is that is probly
causing some other issues as well, not just combing, the front end has to
scale down the picture to display it, I am sure that the processing power
used to do that could improve playback.

Since my theater and the plasma are only going to show 720p does anyone know
of a good way  to set it up so myth looks at every show after recording
finishes and automatically transcodes shows in 1080i to 720p? (user job
perhaps?)
I am new to myth (and Linux) so I haven't explored everything yet..:)

I am looking forward to solving the problems, I can't WAIT to ditch my Tivo.

Jason