[mythtv-users] How big is your database?

Les Gondor les at totalgraphix.ca
Thu Dec 1 16:38:48 EST 2005

Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 30 November 2005 23:26, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>>
>>> Can somebody give me an idea of how large a database typically is
>>> after Myth has been used a long while, or how fast it grows?
>>

>> 56 MB after 3+ years.
>>
>> -JAC
>

>     Timely subject... I just rolled over to a new production system and
> had to transfer the DB.  Mine's 37 MB uncompressed after right about 2
> years.  Just ported the 4 tables of oldrecorded, etc to the new machine.
>
>     Quick question, though.  Anyone else experienced some database
> corruption and/or mismatching with the filesystem?  Though what's likely
> operator error, I've got a few recordings that don't exist, but refuse
> to be deleted.  Any sort of "mythdbrebuild" to clean stuff up?
>
> Thanks,
> -Cory
>
>  --

> * Cory Papenfuss                                                        *
> * Electrical Engineering candidate Ph.D. graduate student               *
> * Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University                   *

My mythconverg backups are about 40MB uncompressed (mysqldump --opt) from a one year old
installation (FC3 atrpms, initially 0.17, apt-get upgraded to 0.18.1). This from a 40 channel lineup
and an oldrecordings table with 1196 records.

I've only had one instance of DB corruption and that was fixed with a mysqlcheck/mysqlrepair.

Les Gondor, Total Graphics            les at totalgraphix.ca
If you don't know what you're doing, do it neatly