Fw: [mythtv-users] LIRC with USB remote control: how?

Enrico Ballarin Dolfin enrico2 at swissonline.ch
Thu Dec 1 16:16:09 EST 2005

I have found which USB remote control I have:

it's an XPC-RC01 Hewlett Packard / Intervideo (possibly delivered also with
ASUS TV 7134 card) as described here:

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:d6ZafAc7IfcJ:www.techexcess.net/-interv
ideo-home-theater-usb-remote-control-ph839a.aspx+remote+control+XPC-RC01&hl=
de&client=firefox-a

here is a picture of the remote control and the detailed description of the
keys:

http://www.techexcess.net/downloads/ir_remote_and_receiver_reference.htm

It should be an USB Human Interface Device with keyboard/mouse behaviour.

Unfortunately I couldn't still not find a lircd.conf file for it ...

How can I create one with the information I can get with following command?
# cat /dev/input/event3 > dummy

Thanks a lot!
Enrico