Fw: [mythtv-users] LIRC with USB remote control: how?

Enrico Ballarin Dolfin enrico2 at swissonline.ch
Thu Dec 1 16:16:09 EST 2005

I have found which USB remote control I have:

it's an XPC-RC01 Hewlett Packard / Intervideo (possibly delivered also with
ASUS TV 7134 card) as described here:

here is a picture of the remote control and the detailed description of the

It should be an USB Human Interface Device with keyboard/mouse behaviour.

Unfortunately I couldn't still not find a lircd.conf file for it ...

How can I create one with the information I can get with following command?
# cat /dev/input/event3 > dummy

Thanks a lot!