[mythtv-users] How big is your database?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Dec 1 16:07:10 EST 2005

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> On Wednesday 30 November 2005 23:26, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>> Can somebody give me an idea of how large a database typically is
>> after Myth has been used a long while, or how fast it grows?
>
> 56 MB after 3+ years.
>
> -JAC

 	Timely subject... I just rolled over to a new production system
and had to transfer the DB.  Mine's 37 MB uncompressed after right about 2
years.  Just ported the 4 tables of oldrecorded, etc to the new machine.

 	Quick question, though.  Anyone else experienced some database
corruption and/or mismatching with the filesystem?  Though what's likely
operator error, I've got a few recordings that don't exist, but refuse to
be deleted.  Any sort of "mythdbrebuild" to clean stuff up?

Thanks,
-Cory