[mythtv-users] dvb hdtv capture resolution limited to 720x480 in mythtv? DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Lite

mrwester mrwester at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 14:57:11 EST 2005

Hi-

Forgive me if I missed something in the archives regarding these topics...

I just added a DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Lite card to my working mythtv setup
(18.1from Axel's RPMs).  The system already has 1 x PVR-350 and 1 x
PVR-500.
I'm using DVI out of a fx5200 to native resolution of my widescreen LCD @
1280x768.  The new card is configured in mythtv-setup as a DVB card.  I can
tune unencrypted QAM channels and record fine.   However, when I go into
recording profiles, the max I can set is 720x480, thereby limiting me to
digital SD on the card.     Can I capture in 1080i or 720p in mythtv?  Am I
missing a setting somewhere?  Do I need to enable something in the driver
load?  Where?

Also, I've got the PVR tuners set to display in widescreen, thereby filling
the screen.  The digital DVB tuner however has black bars on the sides.  Is
this because only some programs are broadcast in widescreen and the 4:3
aspect ratio shows are recorded this way and I've not recorded a 16:9 show
yet?  or again am I missing a setting somewhere?  I recall a thread about
this a few weeks back, but am not finding it now.  Thanks,

Mike