[mythtv-users] mixer being mucked with

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 1 02:58:19 EST 2005

Trent Albright wrote:

> When I launch MythTV, I execute the following command prior:
>
> /usr/sbin/alsactl restore
>
> If I then jump straight to using MythVideo, and watch a video with
> mplayer, the sound level is fine. However, once I go back to live TV,
> the mixer is lowered again.
>
> If I jump straight to live TV, the mixer is also lowered again.
>
> These seems to indicate to me that MythTv is mucking with my mixer,
> and lower the volume? Anybody else experienced this, or have a
> suggestion about how I could fix it?

Myth remembers the last volume you used.  So, either stop using external
mixer programs or uncheck

Use internal volume controls
MythTV can control the PCM and master mixer volume.  If you prefer to
use an external mixer program, then disable this option.

You should use either internal volume controls or external mixers--not both.

Mike