[mythtv-users] Cant delete programs when HD files up

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Thu Dec 1 01:14:33 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 09:13:02AM +0000, Ant Daniel wrote:
> Forgive my lack of knowledge, but if the space is reserved and shows
> up in the df (or doesn't show?), shouldn't this make the auto-expire
> routine detect 100% when the disk is 95% full?

If a program was checking "free space" then it would think there was
room left even though it was not available.  If a program was checking
"available space" then it would realize that the space remaining on the
drive is not useable.

In any case, this is (as suspected) a red herring.  I had a look at
autoexpire.cpp and it is using f_bavail so as long as the math is
correct and there are no logic bombs, MythTV *should* be immune to
complications caused by reserved space.