[mythtv-users] NOVA-T Hauppauge testing to see if my card is working

Robin Elvin rob at fearsedge.com
Wed Aug 31 23:18:47 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 31 August 2005 09:46, Stephen Kitchener wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 Aug 2005 03:42, Nick wrote:
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> > On 8/30/05, Stephen Kitchener <stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > > On Thursday 25 Aug 2005 10:35, Robin Elvin wrote:
> > > Hi Robin,
> > >
> > > My mythtv list, you asked

> > > How do I find out what version of Nova-t it is ???
> > > Is there a way to find out from linux, lspci only shows
> > > Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
> > > and that's not the front end is it,
> >
> > I don't think it's the newer 90002 with those chips. I think it is the
> > older model. Perhaps this article may be of some use (if you've not
> > already read it):
> >
> > http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb2.html
>
> yes I have read it - but unfortunately it didn't help, I gained knowledge,
but
> it didn't seem to help me and my card, The thing that is different in dmesg
> on this machine is that the line
>
> DVB: registering frontend 0 (LSI L64781 DVB-T)
>
> in dmesg doesn't look like it matches any supported frontend, does anyone
know
> any better ???
>
> I've attached my dmesg to help anyone that might be able to help me
>

> > Nick

You're right, it doesn't look like a 90002. I asked because I seem to remember
the older modules loaded without question on my board and I spent a while
working out why the damn thing didn't work.

The easiest way is to look at the card and read the chip manufacturer and
numbers off the chips and also get the Hauppauge model off the sticker on
tuner shielding. Having said that it looks like you have an earlier card. You
also check the pictures here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCI_devices_DVB-T

Also you might get some pointers here: http://cuboidal.org/divo/dvb/

Sorry, I missed the start of this thread but you look like you have the right
device nodes from the drivers you have - what problem are you having?

--
Rob