[mythtv-users] PVR-350(MBD)

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Aug 31 18:04:21 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 11:40, Mike Daugird wrote:
> I have been reading a lot of stuff trying to get my box up and running. It seems that everyone except me got the PVR-250. I bought the 350 and now I am having a hard time getting any internet howto's to jive.
> Is it possible to have the system show on the TV as well as on a monitor?
> I was thinking that I would plug in the monitor so that while I was setting it up I could work on the desktop while keeping an eye on the TV.
> Do I have to configure things differently if I use the S-video rather then the 3 component plugs?

Use Jarod's guide on how to setup the PVR-350.  Make sure you expand all
the sections dealing with the PVR-350.  My first pass through I missed a
critical step that removed some horizontal lines on the screen.

I used the standard VGA monitor until it looked as if it was working
correctly then followed Jarod's guide to modify xorg files to output the
display via the PVR-350 to the TV and created new initrd so it would
boot up that way.

There was a learning curve but with the info in the guide and some help
from the list it was actually easier than I thought it would be.